Saturday, November 12, 2016

Winter is Coming...

Can you believe we're already halfway through fall? I'm still trying to absorb everything that happened this year, let alone this past week. Also need to start tackling my to-do list before 2016 is over. Sigh.

Anyhow, I just want to share a couple of knitting projects I recently finished. I realize that I've only written about my crochet work thus far, so I hope this spices things up a bit!

This is a pair of handwarmers based on a free pattern by creativeyarn, made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn in Rose Heather and size 6 (4.0 mm) DPNs. The original pattern instructs you to make a rectangle and fold it in half and sew along the edges, but I personally found it easier to knit them in the round. I also added thumbs! Below are my modifications, if interested:

Pick up 14 stitches around the thumbhole.
Row 1-4: Work 1 set of double moss st.
Row 5-8: Work 4 rows in stockinette st.
Row 9-11: Work 3 rows in moss st.
Bind off.

I previously wrote about this 1940s turban hat made with KnitPicks Gloss DK in Cranberry. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out, but I'm debating whether or not I should frog it since I'm not sure how much wear I'd get out of it. I don't want this yarn to go to waste, so I may just reuse it for a beanie... Ah, well. I've also included a picture of a finished half in case you're curious what it looks like flat.

That's all for today. Thanks for looking!

2 comments :

  1. Hi,
    I love this. It looks great! Don't frog it! I came across your page on ravelry. Now I think I'd like to make this, but I can't get to the page with the pattern with that link... Did you get the pattern recently?
    Anyway, it looks great!

    KD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much! I came across this blog with a link to the pattern. It looks like it still works: http://makinology.tumblr.com/post/50020435659/1940s-moss-stitch-turban-knitting-by

      Delete