Sunday, May 22, 2016

Amigurumi Owls

These two owls here were crocheted from a personal pattern using worsted-weight Vanna's Choice yarn, buttons, and felt. For their finishing touch, I dabbed on a little pink acrylic paint for the cheeks.

Coincidentally, I came across a couple of birdhouse gift boxes at the dollar store, and they just so happened to fit the amigurumi perfectly.

I cut out a heart-shaped window on one side of each house and used strips of sticker paper (from the scrapbooking department) to clean up the edges.
The sticker paper actually came packaged in clear cellophane, so I salvaged it for covering the windows. And lastly, I cut and glued pieces of textured wrapping paper to decorate the exterior. A view of the inside... 
Here the lovebirds are ready to be gifted!

No comments :

Post a Comment