Sunday, June 12, 2016

Link Amigurumi

I'm super excited (and relieved) that I finally finished this Link amigurumi after working on it on and off for the past few months. For this project, I used a free pattern by Becchin (translated by the blog Tanoshimou) and heavily referenced All About Ami's version for details.
What I really love about this pattern is the pivoting head. Below, you can see how the head is constructed at the bottom and the ball joint on the body.
Here are a couple of pictures of Link's hair before I sewed on his hat. Inspired by All About Ami, I double-crocheted the back hair piece and stitched on the fringe.
Becchin's pattern doesn't actually provide patterns for any accessories, but All About Ami has kindly offered the instructions for hers. For the sword, I cut out a few pieces of felt and hot-glued them together with a toothpick sandwiched in between for structure. The accessories really pull the project together.
On an unrelated note, I'm currently knitting a moss stitch turban using this vintage pattern. This is my first time using Knit Picks yarn (Gloss DK in Cranberry), and I love how soft it is! It's summer, but I always find myself most productive with cold weather accessories this time of year...

No comments :

Post a Comment