Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Slouchy Red Beanie

So this hat is my favorite thing at the moment (pictured above with my Bonlook frames and Pusheen earrings). Really, I've worn it nearly every day since I finished knitting it. I thought about blocking it with a plate to make it more of a beret, but I personally prefer a slouchy beanie style. Only downside of not blocking is that the stitches are kind of clustered together, so you can't see how nice the lace pattern is... Maybe on the next one.

If you're looking for a quick, pretty hat, this pattern is super easy to knit up, and it's available for free over at Ravelry.


A closer look at the stitches...

What I used:
Pattern: Cafe Au Lait Tam by Kathryn C.
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss DK (70% Merino wool, 30% Silk; 123 yards/50 grams per skein) in Cranberry (approximately 1.5 skeins)
Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm) DPNs, US 7 (4.5 mm) DPNs

No comments :

Post a Comment