Monday, January 29, 2018

Madeline

Recently, I was looking at pictures of past projects and came across this little Madeline-inspired dress. It's been years since I've read the books, but I remember being so taken in by the charming illustrations when I was younger. When a friend requested a dress for her kid to wear at her Madeline-themed birthday party a couple of years ago, this project brought back a wave of nostalgia. Now, I'm not much of a seamstress, so I had to keep things simple. For the base, I tried to replicate a store-bought shift dress, and the capelet part was essentially a circle skirt with a slit. There are a few things that I would've liked to do better, e.g., make neater buttonholes, use heavier fabric for the exterior, but overall, I was glad that the dress fit the birthday girl!


Sewing is something that I definitely want to dive into again this year. Perhaps I'll make a sunny dress for myself. 😁

No comments :

Post a Comment