Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Finished Summer Bralette

I really love the minimalist design of this bralette, and best of all, it's super comfortable! The cotton fabric makes the bralette breathable and good for all seasons, so I can see myself lounging around in it year round.


Although the pattern doesn't say, I opted for a provisional cast-on and used kitchener stitch to seam the back. Because I wasn't sure how long it needed to be, this method made it easier to try on the bralette as I knitted without worrying where the seam might end up. The back part of the band ended up being 20 cm for me.

I'm also glad that I crossed the straps into an "X" (each strap measures 33 cm). This style helps with the fit and makes my boobies feel secure, though there is some very slight gaping on the sides by the armpits. (Sorry, I won't be modeling. Just gotta take my word for it!) This can probably be fixed with some strategic decrease stitches. If I make another bralette, I'll take this into consideration.

Overall, this was a fun, easy knit and I definitely recommend it, but as I had mentioned in my previous post, the pattern is written in Swedish. Nothing that Google Translate can't help with though!

What I used:
Pattern: The Summer Bralette by Maja Karlsson
Yarn:  Schachenmayr nomotta (100% Cotton; 137 yards/50 grams per skein) in Mint
Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm)

No comments :

Post a Comment