Thursday, December 20, 2018

Unicorn Beanie

I made this beanie for a friend based on the pattern Unicorn Fever by Heidi Rosin, and it was my second time incorporating colorwork! I actually had to give it a couple of tries because the stitches kept turning out too tight or loose, but I think it got better each go. The beanie ended up a little tight around the graphics though still wearable, and putting it on my head for about thirty minutes helped stretch it out a bit. Ultimately pretty happy with the result. Also, the folded brim and doubled yarn used for the chart provide extra warmth around the ears (yay). I just hope my friend will feel the same way!


Below are my main modifications:
  • cast on 96 stitches using 4.5 mm needles
  • switched to 4.0 mm for 2x2 ribbing
  • increased to 120 stitches after ribbing, using 4.5 mm for the rest of the hat
  • also tweaked the chart to feature little hearts instead


What I used:
Pattern: Unicorn Fever by Heidi Rosin
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Solids (100% Acrylic; 315 yards/170 grams per skein) in Pink and Forest Green; Knit Picks Brava Worsted (100% Acrylic; 219 yards/100 grams per skein) in White
Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm), US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments :

Post a Comment